1.1 In this Policy, Resources for Courses, we, our or us is a reference to Resources for Courses Pty Ltd ACN 058 570 700.
1.2 Personal information is any information about a person where their identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, and includes Sensitive Information (Personal Information).
1.3 Sensitive Information is information or an opinion about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences, health or medical information or criminal records (Sensitive Information).
2. What this Policy is about
2.2 This Policy covers Personal Information collected directly from individuals who access and/or use our websites (www.resourcesforcourses.com.au, www.vceandcareers.com.au, www.victoriancareersshow.com.au, www.hscandcareers.com.au, www.westernsydneycareerexpo.com.au) (Websites) or attend events organised by us and third party exhibitors who attend and present at our events.
2.3 We endorse fair information handling practices and uses of information in compliance with our obligations under the privacy laws in force in Australia from time to time. Any information provided, including identification of individuals, will be used only for the purpose/s intended and where the intention includes confidentiality, information will be treated as such unless otherwise required by law.
2.4 This Policy represents the default position that Resources for Courses will take in its treatment of Personal Information. Resources for Courses will treat all Personal Information in a manner consistent with this Policy unless you have provided your express consent otherwise.
2.5 If there is any inconsistency between the Act and this Policy, this Policy shall be read and interpreted to comply with the Act.
3. Collection of Personal Information
3.1 Resources for Courses collects the following Personal Information:
• Personal Information about you, which you provide to us when you register to attend an event organised by us, complete an exhibitor booking form or complete a school group booking form, which may include the following:
▪ your name;
▪ your email address,
▪ your postal address;
▪ your phone number;
▪ your school and year level; and
▪ position at your school.
3.2 Personal Information will be typically collected:
• when you contact us through our Websites;
• when you register to attend an event organised by us via an online form through our Websites or through Ticketebo;
• when you complete an online booking form using Formstack through our Websites;
• when we are provided with registration databases for our events from Ticketebo and/or Formstack;
• during phone calls or other communications between you and us; and • when you contact or communicate with us by any other means.
3.3 Our Websites automatically collect anonymous usage data about visitors, including the URL that the visitor came from, the browser being used and the IP address. This data is utilised to improve the Websites and our events and does not include any personally identifying information.
3.4 Resources for Courses also reserves the right to collect anonymous usage data through other websites and online systems in order to provide our customers with a better user experience. This data does not include any personally identifying information.
3.5 'Cookies' are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored by the web browser on a computer's hard-drive that enable our system to recognise a visitor to our Websites. This helps Resources for Courses to track basic visitor information for the purposes of optimising the design of our systems and marketing activities.
3.6 Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and this function can be disabled by changing the browser settings of the user.
3.7 Please note that the Websites may contain links to other websites which are not hosted or operated by Resources for Courses. Resources for Courses is not responsible for the privacy policies of such other websites and you should independently review the privacy policies on such websites.
4. Ticketebo, Formstack and Stripe
4.2 We do not collect or have access to credit card or debit card details that are used by you when registering to attend an event organised by us or details of any payments that are made into our bank account via electronic funds transfer. All credit card and debit card payments are processed through a secure third party, Stripe (www.stripe.com/au).
5. Use of Personal Information
5.1 Resources for Courses uses Personal Information in the following ways:
• to assist us in providing you with updates about our events and exhibitors; and
• for our own internal administration purposes;
5.2 We may also use Personal Information we collect for related purposes such as:
• to record information about your usage and preferences in relation our events, as well as any feedback provided by you;
• when combined with the deidentified Personal Information of other users (in which case such combined information will no longer be personal) to analyse and develop products and services that suit our users;
• to perform statistical analyses of user behaviour;
• to optimise marketing activities, user experience, and content;
• any other use for which we obtain permission from you.
5.3 We do not pass on any Personal Information to third parties except in accordance with this Policy.
5.4 As a user of the Websites and upon registration to attend or exhibit at an event organised by us, you may receive monthly email updates concerning the event you have registered to attend or exhibit at, other email updates as required, along with newsletters and any noteworthy changes to the Websites. Your Personal Information will not be used for direct marketing purposes and will only be disclosed in accordance with clause 6.2 of this Policy.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
6.1 Other than disclosure to service providers (explained below) or as required by law (for example, disclosure to Government departments or to Courts), our policy is that we do not give Personal Information to other organisations unless we have disclosed the use in this Policy or you have expressly consented for us to do so.
6.2 The parties we may share Personal Information with are employees, subcontractors, suppliers, third party exhibitors and affiliates of Resources for Courses on a need to know basis. Access to Personal Information will be revoked within a reasonable timeframe of access no longer being required.
6.3 We may also disclose your Personal Information to our Websites host or business service providers in certain limited circumstances, for example when our Websites experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner. Access to Personal Information by these parties is subject to such parties protecting your Personal Information to at least the degree set out in this Policy, and such access will be revoked within a reasonable timeframe of access no longer being required.
6.4 Occasionally, Resources for Courses might also use Personal Information for other purposes or share Personal Information with another organisation because:
• we believe it is necessary to protect your rights, property or personal safety;
• we believe it is necessary to do so to prevent or help detect fraud or serious credit infringements - for example, we may share information with other, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and fraud prevention units; or
• we believe it is necessary to protect the interests of Resources for Courses – for example, disclosure to a Court in the event of legal action to which Resources for Courses is a party.
6.5 When we share information with other organisations and service providers as set out above, we do so in accordance with this Policy. To the extent that these organisations and service providers gain access to Personal Information, their use is governed by their own privacy policies, the Act and any other relevant law.
6.6 In the event that Resources for Courses is sold or merged with another entity, the data, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to the purchasing entity, which would be bound to comply with the Act in relation to the access, storage and use of your Personal Information. Your Personal Information would not be disclosed to a buyer in either circumstance, other than as a part of the transfer of all data related to the Websites to that buyer.
7. Confidentiality and Data Security
7.1 All Personal Information collected is stored on secure servers in the United States of America and will be transmitted overseas for the purposes of storage on these servers.
7.2 We take all reasonable steps to manage data stored by us to ensure data security and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Information. Notwithstanding the above, Resources for Courses is not responsible for any third-party access to Personal Information as a result of:
• interception while it is in transit over the internet;
• an unpatched vulnerability, a zero-day vulnerability, or an attack within 48 hours of a vendor releasing a patch or update; or
• spyware or viruses on the device (such as a computer or phone) from which you access our Websites or otherwise contact us.
7.3 Resources for Courses is also not responsible for any losses, expenses, damages and costs, including legal fees, resulting from such third-party access.
7.4 If we have reasonable grounds to believe that your Personal Information that we hold may be subject to unauthorised access or disclosure (eligible data breach), we will investigate and assess the suspected eligible data breach to determine whether the eligible data breach is likely to result in serious harm to you (Notifiable Data Breach). If a Notifiable Data Breach occurs, then we will notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable after we become aware of the Notifiable Data Breach in accordance with our obligations under the Act. We will comply in every way with our obligations under Part IIIC – “notification of eligible data breaches” of the Act.
8. Retention and Disposal of Personal Information
8.1 We will retain Personal Information for as long as is required for us to fulfil the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected, including where applicable to provide you with information concerning our events and to comply with legal requirements.
8.2 If we no longer require Personal Information for any purpose, including legal purposes, we will take reasonable steps to securely destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Information.
9. Access to Personal Information
9.1 You can request access the Personal Information held about you at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer.
9.2 We will always endeavour to meet requests for access. However, in some circumstances we may decline a request for access. This includes the following circumstances:
• we no longer hold or use the information;
• providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other persons;
• the request is frivolous or vexatious;
• the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not normally be disclosed as part of those proceedings;
• providing access would be unlawful; and
• providing access would be likely to prejudice the detection, prevention, investigation and prosecution of possible unlawful activity.
9.3 If we decline a request for access, we will provide reasons for our decision when we respond to the request.
9.4 We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for access to your Personal Information. These charges will be limited to the cost of recouping our expenses for providing you with your Personal Information, such as document retrieval, photocopying, labour and delivery.
9.5 Despite anything contained in this Policy to the contrary, if the Freedom of Information Act 1982 applies to a person on whose behalf we hold Personal Information, the access and correction requirements in the Act operate alongside and do not replace other informal or legal procedures by which an individual can be provided access to, or correction of, their Personal Information.
10. Changing or deleting Personal Information
10.1 We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collecting the Personal Information from you, using or disclosing the Personal Information, or during other interactions with you.
10.2 If you believe that any Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, you may contact our Privacy Officer.
10.3 We will do our best to correct any Personal Information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date or dispose of it in accordance with this Policy.
11.2 If you have a complaint in relation to the way your Personal Information has been handled by Resources for Courses, the complaint should be made in writing to our Privacy Officer in the first instance. Resources for Courses will investigate the complaint and prepare a response to you in writing within a reasonable period of time.
11.3 Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by:
Phone: 03 9596 8881 or +61 3 9596 8881
11.4 From time to time, our policies will be reviewed and may be revised. Resources for Courses reserves the right to change this Policy at any time.
You can convert everything you see to a format you find convenient. Give it a try!